As a care worker, you will have several responsibilities towards the individuals that you support. This will include:
- Protecting them from harm, abuse and neglect
- Respecting and upholding their rights
- Promoting their independence
- Providing them with care and support in line with their individual care plan
- Remaining professional and courteous
You have a duty of care to protect and safeguard vulnerable individuals from harm, however this must be balanced with their right to make their own choices even if you believe them unwise or even risky. You should not let your own personal views and beliefs prejudice the support that you provide.