Partnership working involves working with others to achieve the best possible outcomes for the individuals that you support.
To be effective in partnership working, it is important that you have the right attitudes, behaviours and ways of working.
- Listening to and respecting the points of view of others
- Valuing each person’s contribution
- Being able to negotiate and compromise
- Having systems in place to resolve to resolve disagreements – for example, deciding beforehand who will have the responsibility for making the final decision
- Being able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Assertiveness and being able to disagree in a calm manner