Some health and safety tasks should not be carried out unless you have received special training from a competent trainer. These tasks include:
- Use of equipment such as hoists and lifts
- Handing out medication
- Assisting and moving an individual
- Giving first aid to someone has been injured or fallen ill
- Emergency procedures for emergency situations such as a flood or fire
- Handling and preparation of food
Working in unsafe ways without appropriate training can mean you are putting yourself, the individual you care for and others at risk. Therefore, you should only perform the above tasks if you have done the special training required.