You have a responsibility as a care worker to maintain a good level of health and hygiene to prevent the spread of infections. If you are carrying pathogens, you can transfer them to other people or equipment and cause them to develop an infection. As such, you should do whatever you can to stay healthy and hygienic. This includes:
- Keeping up to date with your own vaccinations.
- Speaking to your manager before reporting for work if you are ill.
- Covering any skin cuts with waterproof dressings.
- Changing your clothing daily.
- Using disposable aprons and over-sleeves when handling anything contaminated with harmful pathogens.
- Not touching areas that can be a source of pathogens more than you need to.