6.6b Report any concerns about the communication aid/ technology to the appropriate person. This could include: Senior member of staff, Carer, Family member

If you have any concerns about the communication aids that the individual you care for uses, there are several people you can report this to. First of all you could report it to a senior member of staff who might be able to repair the communication aid or provide a replacement. Failing that, you could speak to the individual’s carer or some of their family members. They may know how best to resolve the issue and may also be able to provide a replacement communication aid.

You should always report any concerns you may have, even if you think they are insignificant or unimportant. As covered in previous sections, communication is extremely important, and you should always do your best to break down any communication barriers that may be caused as a result of communication aids that are not working as intended.

Don`t copy text!