7.2d Report any concerns they have to the relevant person. This could include: Senior member of staff, Carer, Family member

If you have any concerns about an individual’s privacy and dignity, you should report it to the relevant person. For example, if an individual does no want you to pass on some private information, but you think it is necessary for their health, you should talk to your manager or a senior member of staff. They will be able to advise you on what to do and whether you should pass the information on or not.

It may also help to notify a family member or their carer and discuss it with them. They may know the individual better than you and know what will be best for them. Telling another authorised person can aid you in making the right decision.

Don`t copy text!