8.2e Know how to report any concerns to the relevant person. This could include: Senior member of staff, Carer, Family member

If you have any concerns about an individual’s nutrition or fluid intake, there are several people you can go to for advice and support. First of all you could go to your manager. They may seek advice from a specialist such as a dietitian or a nutritionist and will ensure that additional support such as closer monitoring of nutrition and fluid intake can be provided.

You could also report your concerns to a senior member of staff, the individual’s carer or a member of the individual’s family. They can give you their point of view and may even be able to provide additional support. An individual’s health is extremely important, so don’t be afraid to report any concerns you may have about it.

Don`t copy text!