This mandatory unit for the Level 2 Diploma in Care explores the importance of continuous professional development (CPD) in care settings.
It introduces the concepts of reflective practice and personal development plans (PDPs) and explores the reasons why learning and development is essential to a skilled and competent workforce.
There are four learning outcomes and several assessment criteria:
- Understand what is required for competence in own work role
- Describe the duties and responsibilities of own role
- Identify standards, regulatory requirements and agreed ways of working that may influence your knowledge, understanding and skills to carry out your work role
- Describe how to ensure that own personal values, attitudes or beliefs do not obstruct the quality of work and working practice
- Be able to reflect on own work activities
- Be able to agree a personal development plan
- Be able to develop own knowledge, skills and understanding
- Describe how a learning activity has improved own knowledge, skills and understanding
- Describe how reflecting on a situation has improved own knowledge, skills and understanding
- Explain the importance of continuing professional development
- Describe how feedback from others has developed own knowledge, skills and understanding
- Demonstrate how to record progress in relation to personal development