Unit name: Safeguarding and Protection in Care Settings
Learning outcome: 6. Know how to recognise and report unsafe practices
Assessment criteria: 6.1 Describe unsafe practices that may affect the well-being of individuals
Unsafe practices are ways of working that could cause potential harm to individuals that are receiving care.
This could include:
- Not following policies and procedures
- Not following and individual’s care plan
- Using equipment incorrectly
- Not using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when it is required
- Not providing drinks to an individual that is unable to get a drink themselves
Unsafe practices can affect the wellbeing of individuals physically, mentally and emotionally.
If you observe unsafe practices, you should take action immediately.