This mandatory unit for the Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care is aimed at those who work in a wide range of care settings.
It covers the knowledge and skills needed to implement and promote good practice in recording, sharing, storing and accessing information.
There are three learning outcomes and several assessment criteria:
- Understand requirements for handling information in care settings
- Be able to implement good practice in handling information
- Describe features of manual and electronic information storage systems that help ensure security
- Demonstrate practices that ensure security when storing and accessing information
- Maintain records that are up to date, complete, accurate and legible
- Support audit processes in line with own role and responsibilities
- Be able to support others to handle information