Unit name: Implement person-centred approaches in care settings
Learning outcome: 6. Be able to promote individuals’ well-being
Assessment criteria: 6.4 Demonstrate ways to contribute to an environment that promotes well-being
An environment that promotes well-being is one that is comfortable for the individuals that reside within it. For this assessment criterion, you should be able to demonstrate ways to contribute to an environment that supports well-being.
Some examples include:
- Ensuring individuals
- Ensuring there are no excessive noise levels
- Helping individuals to personalise their personal spaces e.g. with photographs etc.
- Keeping the environment clean and tidy
- Encouraging a culture where individuals can express their concerns
- Encouraging participation and inclusivity