Unit name: Personal Development in Care Settings
Learning outcome: 3. Be able to evaluate own performance
Assessment criteria: 3.1 Evaluate own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards
To assess your own knowledge, performance and understanding, you will need a set of benchmarks to evaluate against.
The health and care sector has several standards, which you can use to assess your own work practice, including:
- The 15 standards of the care certificate
- Code of Conduct for Healthcare Support Workers and Adult Social Care Workers in England
- The Care Quality Commission’s Fundamental Standards
- National Minimum Training Standards for Healthcare Support Workers and Adult Social Care Workers in England
- National Occupational Standards
- The six Cs of Nursing
By familiarising yourself with these standards, you can assess how your own practice shapes up and identify any areas for improvement and further training.