Qualification: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
Unit: Unit 1.1: Support healthy lifestyles for children through the provision of food and nutrition
Learning outcome: Be able to support healthy eating in own setting.
Assessment criteria: Reflect on own role when supporting healthy eating in own setting.
Following the planning and implementation of an activity relating to healthy eating, it is important to reflect on one’s own role to gauge the effectiveness of the activity and identify any areas for improvement. This self-reflection can be conducted using a tool such as a journal, blog, or even just making notes in a notebook. It can also be an individual or group activity.
When reflecting on your own role, it is important to consider the following:
- What was your intention for the activity?
- Did you feel you were successful in achieving this intention?
- What could you have done differently to better support healthy eating in your early years setting?
- What did you learn from the experience?
- What will you do differently next time?
It is also important to get feedback from others involved in the activity, such as children, parents, and colleagues. This feedback can help to give a well-rounded view of the activity and how it was received. It can also provide some valuable insights into ways to improve future activities.