Qualification: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
Unit: Unit 1.2: Support healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
Learning outcome: Be able to support children’s exercise in an outdoor space
Assessment criteria: Implement an activity which supports children’s exercise in an outdoor space
For this assessment criterion, you will be required to implement the outdoor activity that you planned in the previous section.
This will involve conducting the activity with a group of children, and reflecting on your experience. You should also consider how you might modify or adapt the activity to meet the needs of different groups of children.
When carrying out your planned activity, you should:
- Ensure that the activity is set up appropriately beforehand so that all equipment and other resources are ready to be used
- Ensure that all staff understand their roles and responsibilities as well as the objectives of the activity
- Coordinate staff, where required
- Make sure that the children are engaged and motivated throughout
- Encourage the children to take part in as much of the activity as possible
- Help the children to understand any new concepts or skills that are being taught
- Give the children opportunities to practice and develop their new skills
- Encourage the children to reflect on their own performance and progress