Qualification: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
Unit: Unit 1.4: Promote children’s emotional well-being
Learning outcome: Be able to promote the emotional wellbeing of children in own setting
Assessment criteria: Evaluate own role when promoting emotional well-being in own setting
As with all facets of your practice, after a planned activity has concluded, you should take time to reflect on your role. This can help you to identify areas of your practice or of a particular activity that could be improved in the future.
When promoting emotional well-being, you should might consider you performance in the following areas:
- How did you make children feel comfortable and safe?
- Did you provide opportunities for all children to express themselves?
- How did you respond to children’s feelings?
- Did you promote independence in children?
- What opportunities did you provide for children to build relationships with their peers and learn to cooperate?
By reflecting on your role in these ways, you can continue to develop your practice and provide the best possible care for children.