Qualification: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
Unit: Unit 1.4: Promote children’s emotional well-being
Learning outcome: Be able to promote the emotional wellbeing of children in own setting
Assessment criteria: Plan an activity to promote emotional well-being in own setting
For this assessment criterion, you will be required to create an activity plan to promote emotional well-being in your own working setting. This can be for a single child or a group of children.
You will need to consider the child’s age and stage of development as well as their particular needs and preferences. Also, it should tie in with the currently planned outcomes for the child, such as improved self-esteem and self-confidence, recognising, understanding and managing emotions, or developing positive relationships with others.
Examples of activities can include :
- Storytelling or rhymes with a focus on emotions
- Drawing or painting activities with an emphasis on expressing emotions
- Music and movement activities that help to express and regulate emotions
- Games that focus on identifying and dealing with emotions
- Roleplaying or small-world play that supports a child to express their emotions through other characters