Qualification: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
Unit: Unit 2.3: Use legislation relating to the health and safety of children
Learning outcome: Be able to manage risk within an environment which provides challenge for children
Assessment criteria: Reflect on own role in the setting when managing risk
As an early years practitioner, it is important to be aware of the role you play in managing risk within the setting. Reflecting on particular aspects or situations of your work can help you to develop your practice.
Some questions that you may consider asking yourself are:
- Am I a good role model?
- Do I always conduct myself in a professional manner?
- Am I able to identify potential risks and minimise the impact they may have?
- Do I support children to identify risks for themselves?
- Do I allow children to take risks?
- Do I supervise children appropriately?