Qualification: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
Unit: Unit 4.1: Engage in professional development
Learning outcome: Be able to use reflective practice to contribute to own professional development
Assessment criteria: Develop a Curriculum Vitae
For this assessment criterion, you will be required to develop a professional Curriculum Vitae (CV).
A CV is a formal document summarising your skills, experience and qualifications. It is used by employers to help them decide whether you are suitable for a job.
Your CV should be clear and concise, highlighting your skills, experience and attributes. It should be free of any errors and presented in an appropriate format.
The information that should be available on a CV includes:
- Name and contact details
- A statement or overview of your skills and experience
- Employment history
- Education and training
- Any relevant professional memberships or accreditations
- Interests and hobbies
When writing your CV, keep the following in mind:
- Use simple, clear language and concise sentences
- Check for grammar and spelling mistakes
- Use an appropriate font and layout
- Use reverse chronological order when listing your employment history and education
- Your CV should be no more than two pages in length.