The Functional Skills (FS) in Mathematics qualification shows that a learner has a sound basis of mathematical knowledge and understanding and can apply it to solve problems.
FS Maths is divided into five levels:
- Entry Level 1 (equivalent to Key Stage 1)
- Entry Level 2 (Equivalent to Key Stage 2)
- Entry Level 3 (Equivalent to Key Stage 2)
- Level 1 (Equivalent to Maths GCSE Grades 3-1/D-G)
- Level 2 (Equivalent to Maths GCSE Grade 4/C)
The three entry levels provide a solid foundation on which to base all future mathematical knowledge.
It is expected in most lines of work that learners will be at or working towards Level 2.
FS Maths is also broadly split into three main areas:
- Using numbers and number systems
- Using common measures, shape and space
- Handling information and data