Your employer is required to provide you with the equipment that you need to protect you from injury as well as the risk of infection while you are at work. This includes:
- Enough uniforms for regular changing and disposable aprons to protect clothing from contamination.
- Skin protecting paper towels and hand cleansing gels or wipes to ensure good hand hygiene.
- The correct type of gloves to reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
- Masks and respiratory-masks to protect you from breathing in harmful pathogens.
- Goggles, eye protection and face shields if there is a risk of being splashed with body fluids.
Your employer might also offer vaccinations to prevent infections spreading further. You should seriously consider these.